[meteorite-list] Pultusk total mass

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 16:45:51 2006

Regarding my recent post about MetBase 7.1 data on Pultusk one must always
be aware of the fact and keep in mind that the collection data presented
there are nothing but a mere "snapshot in space and time", and very
transitory as time goes by, and very probably even insufficient even at the
time the release was made. Certain fixed collection data at a certain time,
no more no less, which does not make it less valuable in the end for getting
sort of an "overview". You can?t have more details of the spreading among
collectors for a widely available specimen, like Pultusk is, at any given
time, you can only make educated guesses, and re Pultusk these will very (!)
definitely increase the 250 kg figure stated in MetBase right now.

Some time ago Zelimir (Prof Gabelica), our well-known and very dear
collector friend from France, who is the organizer of the annual meteorite
show in Ensisheim (the very best one in Europe btw, besides Munich!!) asked
the collector community for feedback about the private distribution of the
Ensisheim meteorite. I wonder if he ever reached any conclusive and reliable
result with this... :-) Zelimir?

Alex
Berlin/Germany