[meteorite-list] re: Pultusk total mass

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 17:02:44 2006

Bernd Wrote:

> Matteo wrote (a scritto):
>
>> "we have to calculate the many pieces in the private collections."
>
> Right! I own 11 grams of Pultusk. It's a polished end section with
> fresh, velvet black fusion crust and extremely abundant FeNi flakes
> that I purchased from David New in 1993 (January 1993 sales list).

I can add to this my whopping 4.2 grams complete individual that I obtained from
Rob Elliot in 2001. Complete fusion crust and as tiny as it is, it even has what
looks like small regmaglypths.

As we say in Dutch: "All tiny contributions help, said the Mosquito, and he peed
in the ocean..."

- Marco ;-)

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek