[meteorite-list] Meteorite-list Digest, Vol 36, Issue 28

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:23:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

--- Chris Peterson <clp at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

> even very rare high speed meteoroids should follow a

> power law size distribution, so a pebble should be
> much more common than a boulder

I think that "meteorids" as currently defined includes
both comet bits and asteroid bits. If that is so,
then their size distribution would not follow a power
law, but rather would be the sum of two power law
distributions.

I couldn't understand what you were trying to say in
tne next part of this, but then it's still early in
the morning and I haven't even finished my coffee yet.

good hunting,
Ed