[meteorite-list] Micro/Macromount Availability- Where did they Go?

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 14:56:28 2006

Mike,

This statement is far from true:

> Anyone who charges $4.00 shipping for a micro in the
> USA is ripping off their customers. They are just
> trying to make money on the shipping. I charge $1.00
> on 99% of the micors I sell on ebay. The exception is
> when the micro is valuable, like Lunar and Martian
> material that I need to track to ensure it isnt lost.
> Michael Farmer

I only ship Priority Mail and charge exactly $4.05, the actual cost of the
stamp. Most people PayPal payments including shipping. After PayPal takes
their cut, I actually lose money on shipments. I combine on the average 5
items bringing down the customers' costs to just 81 cents an item. I combine
over two auction sessions allowing them to bring shipping costs down even
further. The buyer gets their items in 2 days without the breakage you get
by shipping in padded envelopes. I have found, that overall Priority Mail
is the only way to go and nobody is get ripped-off!

Adam