[meteorite-list] Re: Charity non-eBay Offers (Stan and Marcin)

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 21 12:18:36 2005

Greg posted:

> I would suggest that Marcin and Stan to do a "Best Offer" type of deal
> for the items they want to donate for charity. Just post a minimum
> price (if any) they want to accept and the top offer takes it, then
> the proceeds go to the charity of their choice. No eBay red tape or
> MissionFishY regulations.

Dear Greg:

Now there's a sensible idea, thanks.

Marcin and Stan, if you'd like to try something like that, email me the
photos and specs of your pieces, and minimum price, if any. I'll put
them on the raffle page, post to the List with the URL, and anyone who
wants to email an offer can send it to me. Winning purchaser can PayPal
me, and I'll send along to the Red Cross, along with our final payment.

Any interest?

Geoff