Oops ---Re: [meteorite-list] Hajar al-Aswad/ "black stone of Mecca"

From: ted brattstrom <volcanoted_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 13 21:32:32 2005

Aloha Eric and all -

good point -

and - luckily I have a slight clue - they were
cleaning other parts of the Suleymaniye Mosque, which
had turned quite grey - I saw them spraying
water/liquid over dark regions, and nearby regions had
gone back to light color. So, it is quite possible
that they had cleaned the walls of the tomb in the
recent past...

So, we need a picture of the tomb entrance from a
couple years ago :-) :-)

which means we still don't know. Time to write some
letters to people at the mosques.

cheers - ted

http://www.k12.hi.us/~tbrattst/Blackstone/hajar-al-aswad.htm