[meteorite-list] FUKANG METEORITE

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 26 09:04:26 2005

Yes, the description of Bonhams contains several mistakes.
They forgot about Brahin, Imilac, Brenham - all larger than Krasnojarsk.

The passages about the quality of the olivines are simply wrong.
Look at the picture there, the size of them is not remarkably large
nor is the quality especially good, as they all are nerved by many cracks
like in Brahin.
Any Imilac, Esquel, Quijingue exhibits much better crystals.

And obviously this is not the first Fukang available to the public.

To state, that Fukang should be "arguably the world's preeminent pallasitic
meteorite"
and "The specimen's very large size, superb quality and enormous,
high-quality crystals make it a find of historic importance."
is silly.

Furthermore "Not since 1951 has as large and significant a pallasite been
found as the Fukang", makes no sense, as the tkw of Fukang is not given.

Strange people, those Bonhams - but perhaps I should sell my meteorites
there?

Buckleboo!
Martin