[meteorite-list] THANKS SO MUCH

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 27 15:07:01 2005

Hi Steve,
        Please do not use my comments to justify ignoring the overwhelming
number of complaints about your continual advertising on the list. It is
clearly in violation of list rules. Just because you do not bother me,
personally, does not make it ok. You have taken advertising on the list
to an absurd level. One person pointed out you posted ads 22 times in the
first 22 days of May.
        Personally, I restrict my own advertising to the list as tightly as
possible - and as often as not, related to topics that naturally arise on
the list. I TRY to keep it to 6 times a YEAR or so, though I suspect it
sometimes creeps up to a dozen times a year. I think people who advertise
on the list once a week are excessive. You are so far over the top it
defies the imagination.
        The point is, I exercise restraint out of respect for the intention
of this list and consideration of the readers. Your actions, especially in
the last few weeks, do not. You have been in violation of the rules and
you have rudely ignored complaints from a huge number of list members,
many of whom were very polite in asking you to conform to list protocol.
        So, Steve, do not use my name in justifying
inconsiderate and abusive use of the list. It only goes to show how
poorly you interpret input. Just because I respect you as a human being
and do not think you should be abused like a dog does NOT mean I
approve of all of your actions. And just because many of the people who
have given you feedback on your obscene level of advertising have been
demeaning of you, does not mean their objections are unfounded. You
should also note that at least half of the negative feedback you have
gotten has been extremely polite - even gentle. But you ignore it all.
        Steve, you have some great qualities, but often strengths can also
be weaknesses. One of your strengths is to not allow others to define
you. That is a great strength. HOWEVER, it becomes one of one's greatest
weaknesses when one refuses to consider input - even when it comes to you
from an overwhelming number of people.
        If you choose to stay in denial in spite of a deluge of feedback,
that is your business. But do NOT cite me in your justification!
        Best wishes, Michael

on 5/27/05 3:38 AM, Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! at steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen