[meteorite-list] NWA 869

From: MarkF <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 13 20:52:37 2005

Hi Mark and List

I can't say it better than it has, but what I can say to those who question
NWA 869 as being an interesting meteorite, you have to experience it first
hand. No picture will give you the one to one comparison you need to compare
with other varieties that this find as produced.

I've made and sold a few thin sections of NWA 869, and they are all fun to
explore. You see all kinds of chondrules, and a mix of matrix types.
Since its still an inexpensive stone, buy from a couple different dealers,
cut some slices, polish them a little to knock down saw marks, break out the
lens and just explore. You won't see better in any picture anywhere and you
can then draw your own conclusions.

Mark Ferguson, not to be confused with MarkF or MarkB, as I'm not as
knowledgable as they.