[meteorite-list] finding meteorites

From: Rod <stargatesg1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 13 20:49:26 2005

Hello to all in the group,
        I have been lurking for a few days and reading the messages. There seem to
be some VERY intelligent people on here and I feel a bit confused by all of
the nomenclature and classification numbers.
        I have never even held a meteorite in my hand but am interested in
finding/collecting them. I do some metal detecting when my back/knees allow
it and would like to add identifying meteorites to my knowledge base.
        Can someone provide a few good websites giving general knowledge about
meteorite identifying? There are quite a few sites that come up with a
Google search but with the amount of meteor-wrongs I have read about, It
would help to know the information I am reading is factual.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
James