[meteorite-list] Does this NWA look familiar to anyone?

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 18:25:26 2005

You seem to think you speak for the Nom Com. I think they are well in the
power to speak for themselves.

When I say the same meteorite is the same meteorite, that does not mean that
you can not have pairing. I do understand what NWA means. (And DAG, HAH,
et al.) You are going to have pairing when you get lots of meteorites from
any one place. So yes again, I see no problem with calling the same
meteorite the same meteorite, a spade is a spade. Getting a number only
takes an e-mail.

I do not however think that the Nom Com rules means that if you sent 20
grams of a meteorite in, that this gives you some power to be able to pair
as many as you would like to with it. Perhaps I missed that line.

So yes, I do have problems with the strange double standard system that we
currently have. I think most do.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com