[meteorite-list] I have a meteorite

From: thornysahuaro <thornysahuaro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 18 22:17:43 2005

Hi Kris and list;
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but your "iron meteorite"
sure looks like a mill ball to me. I have a coffee can full of them
that look just like your picture. I got so excited finding those
little iron meteorites until I sent a couple of them off to the
university . Sorry Charlie!
Mill balls were commonly used to crush gold and silver bearing ore in
the late 19th and early 20th century. Any place there were mines you
are likely find mill balls.
Art Brasher