[meteorite-list] I have a meteorite

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 18 22:09:41 2005

Dear Kris;
We are not allowed to post pictures directly to the list....

I would ask you how you know it is an iron meteorite, obviously you have
had it authenticated by a meteorite person and not a well meaning
geologist, a wanta-be science teacher, or a well meaning grandma that
actually saw it fall and catch the desert on fire.....Your average rock
hound, although armed with knowledge, may be a danger to the process.
Get it classified then call it a meteorite, just my opinion.

Sure looks like an iron mill ball, or a rusty ball bearing from the
photo.....
Dave Freeman
Wyoming Meteorite Recovery Team Leader
Rock Springs, Wyoming