[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunting in Spain (was First meteorites)

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 02:56:13 2005

Martin Wrote:

> Due to the climate here in Central Europe meteorites decay rapidely,
> we have
> no suitable or arid hunting grounds and the only place with good
> chances to
> find one is the Morasko strewnfield in Poland.

Hi List,

I know Martin, was referring to central Europe, but how about Spain -
are there some great places to hunt there? I had the impression that
there is some nice dry areas in some areas, or is the terrain in those
areas not suitable to meteorite hunting?

Considering the ratio of falls and finds in a region and also factoring
in the population density, could there be a way to measure how good a
region will be for meteorite recovery? What other factors should be
included, and has any work been done on this subject?

Clear skies,

Mark
Vail, AZ