[meteorite-list] Re: Blood Auction Results

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 02:56:20 2005

Eric Olson wrote:

> but NWA meteorites were a completely different story with maybe 10% of
> what was here last year. The price I had to pay (on 40+Kg) after a
> lot of > negotiating was up 50% over last year.

I noticed a lack of nice large unclassified NWA at similar prices to
last year. Similar large stones I paid 15?/g for in the past was
selling for 35? or more. And it wasn't because it was better material -
far from it. Luckily I found what I needed from Comet Shop - thanks
guys. I was getting worried as I needed it for a special project for a
friend.

> Sure the prices are mostly low end, but dealers are under no
> obligation to match them. If nothing else the prices should
> encourage more people to
> attend the auction next year.

I agree, it seems like the perfect way to promote the auction.

> <http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=katy2kary>

Great! Now I know what ELKK and katy2kary come from. ;-) Cool photo -
Go Cats!!