[meteorite-list] Lost packages

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 00:01:58 2005

I am really getting angry.
It seems that many of the same people in Germany who are missing packages
want their money back. Not one package to any other country lost but in one
month 7 packages to Germany?
Let's get something strait now. Almost every customer in Europe wants their
packages to declare "NO VALUE" "GIFT" "For scientific study only" etc, to
avoid customs. Except there is a problem with that. When you declare no
value, then there is no possible insurance value either.
Now that some items are lost, why do you feel that it is I who should lose
my meteorites and get no money?
I think then that is the customer's responsibility to accept the loss. I
need to get this worked out right now, because I am not going to do that any
more, I will have to start declaring full value on every meteorite I send to
Europe. We are talking well over $1000 in material now lost to 7 different
people.
I read that Germany just changed systems, what do you think happens when an
entire country changes something? CHAOS.
I am not willing to just accept the loss of my meteorite to a new German
postal system, and I have no recourse since you all request "NO VALUE" so
that you don't pay customs duty on your goods.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Michael Farmer