[meteorite-list] Mutha Stone

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Dec 31 02:06:49 2005

John and List,

I have no interest whatsoever in the Fukang pallasite. I do not and will not
carry natural history items from China because while inquiring about them I
was told by the most respectable sources that they are now illegal to
export. If you are asking if I took the time to translate Chinese law, the
answer is no. In my case, this would be a complete waste of time since I
trust my sources both in the scientific and academic communities who now
also have no interest in these items.

I do not understand what Sikhote Alin has to do with any of this. I only
market the finest examples I can find and Russia is not part of UNESCO group
as far as I know. Trying to redirect our attention to another subject is a
transparent way of avoiding the issue. I refuse to engage any more in this
stupid string because, again, I never had and never will have any interest
whatsoever in Fukang. Everybody seems to be taking it personally and
getting angry about it for some reason. I guess I am the last of many to get
caught in this Fukang spider web. It is up to the owners show legal export
papers, not claim something is iron ore to get it out of a country.

Enough said by me, if somebody else wants to continue this, you've got the
green light,

Adam