[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite Fall in Zimbabwe?

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 30 04:14:17 2005

Hi All,

I agree with you Doug. It happens so often that journalists say or write big mistakes when talking about meteorites - and also here
in France - that I just find this article quite well and simply written. The words used are the right ones and we can easily
understand that villagers could have been surprised that this object fallen from the sky is a stone! Just imagine the reaction of
someone who never heard anything about meteorites and who just does not know that they exist and therefore how they can look like...
So this article describes the phenomenon in a way that can be understood by readers, even those who do not know what a meteorite is,
and once again I do not see any wrong word nor definition.
All the best!

Frederic
www.meteoriteshow.com