[meteorite-list] List policies and ad posts thoughts

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 3 22:20:43 2005

Hi Robert, Jerry and list,

Might I suggest?? dividing the list into areas of interests. We could
have topics like: Meteorite Information, Meteorite Questions, Meteorite
discussion, Meteorite AD's, New Members Area, etc. and so forth. (other
ideas would be up to list members)

Doing this would enable us to filter out areas of non-interest or tuning
in to the areas of interest but the system would be as good as the
members making the posts. Anyone posting an ad in the Meteorite
Discussion area would be reprimanded worst than anything those who have
been severely criticized before!!

I'd recommend having only 5 to 8 areas to keep it simple. We could have
one area as a catch all for topics we aren't sure where they belong.

Remember it's only a suggestion. Positive comments??

--AL Mitterling