[meteorite-list] Day From Hell May Have Killed Off Dinosaurs

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 27 20:20:30 2004

Hi,

    Not to nitpick at the Reuters man, but...
    The killer asteroid theory was proposed by Luis W. Alvarez (and his son
Walter) in 1980. The gravity data which identifies Chicxulub was gathered
beginning in 1948. Despite a lot of Googling, I can't establish the date when two
was added to two to produce four, but it was in the early-mid-eighties, before
Luis Alvarez's death in 1988.
    For a really nice link to a Chicxulub page (Alan Hildebrand's) with great
pictures, try:
<http://miac.uqac.ca/MIAC/chicxulub.htm>

Sterling K. Webb