[meteorite-list] Proud Tom

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 24 21:06:25 2004

Dear Geoff,
   Thanks for the Urban Legend!!! Proud Tom will be
hot on the trail of this one!!!!! I would suggest
that Matteo buy this metorite along with Steve as it
is a MUST HAVE for every REAL seller/collector; and
looks like a WITNESSED FALL!!!! Did you notice the
nice FUSION CRUST on those puppies!!! And the FLOW
LINES are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!! Looks like a very
limited amount of this RARE TYPE will ever reach the
market because the finder has donated more than one
KILO for Scientific Research....I think even that
Frass guy got some. I predict that this will go for
$$$$/mmg!
   Maybe Mark can sell sets with the Nininger bricks
so that a Nininger "NUMBER" can be added (and maybe a
crapper frag. to go with); do you want to go for it
MARK (you can throw in some urban legend hair as a
bonus)? Ebay set!
  I am sure that the weight of these MONSTERS will
cost too much for me in JAPAN and because of the USPTO
"careful" handling charges.
   Bernd, what would you say that the classification
is on this one? S0-1, W0 and maybe an H/B or a
primitive achondrite (New TYPE)?????
   I hope that Ken Newton will NOT miss out on adding
this to THE page.
   Best to all of my friends on this list and please
keep me updated on this HOT material.
Best Regards,
Dirk Ross.....Tokyo....getting closer to falling into
the Pacific (over 16 5-6+ earthquakes in the last 30
hrs).