[meteorite-list] Help needed

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 2 17:06:53 2004

> I'm a bit confused. In the book Meteorites from A to Z(2nd ed.),
> page 119 it says: Twannberg IRUNGR HEX-Og. First: I'm not sure
> if the new iron group II G is official now or not. Second: How
> can it be an Og if it's a hexahedrite?

Hello Peter, hi again List,

Just go to David Weir's website (Tombigbee River and Guanaco) and
your confusion will dissipate like early morning mist in the warm
sunshine of an Indian Summer morning sun :-)

My 26.5-gram Guanaco slice (purchased from Rodrigo Martinez) looks
almost like Twannberg with its large, massive schreibersite inclusion
and its Neumann lines. There is an interesting, oval, almost chondrule-
like FeNi inclusion inside the schreibersite area. Beautiful!

Best wishes,

Bernd