[meteorite-list] Help needed (from Mike Jensen)

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 2 17:55:31 2004

Mike Jensen wrote:

My posts don't seem to make it to the list for some reason. If you don't
see it posted could you please post it for me.

Hi Peter

That depends on what you mean by official. At the time of the
publication of the book Jan 04 no meteorites had been published by the
Meteoritical Society as IIG. Additionally no technical
papers have been published that make an argument for this new grouplet.
That is why I have not included it in the latest edition of the book.
Finally in Aug 2004 MB 88 was published with
Guanco as the first IIG classified meteorite.
As you might have noticed the listing in the book as an HEX-Og was in
error. It should a HEX-Ogg or coarsest octahedrite. Hopefully a paper
will be published before the next edition so it can
be listed as a IIG.

Hope that helps.

Mike