[meteorite-list] Re: NWA's, 'Dealers', Science, & NomCom

From: Michel Franco <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 25 12:45:47 2004

Herbert, List

You may go to the Met Soc web site and fill the form for declaration of a
new meteorite.
If the report of the lab says it is paired, the Nom Com will probably
declare an additionnal mass to the already known NWA. And you will not steal
a number to anyone. But you will wait for next July.
It works for non NWA meteorites, I do not see why it could not work for a
NWA meteorite. Are they so different ?

Just an idea.

Best wishes

Michel FRANCO