[meteorite-list] Request: Cohen book(s) on meteorites

From: Alexander Seidel <alex.seidel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:55 2004

Listees,

the date of April 13th, 2005, marks the 100th anniversary of Emil
Cohen´s death. Cohen (*1842, professor of mineralogy and geology
at the university of Greifswald, Germany, 1885-1905) was one of
the very early meteoriticists who wrote a famous book triplet in
German language titled "Meteoritenkunde I-III", 1063 pages,
Schweizerbartsche Verlagsbuchhandlung Stuttgart, which has
been sold out for a long time, and still is.

This is a collectible, like so many others (e.g. Buchwald´s trilogy
on iron meteorites), which are badly sought after by meteorite
collectors also interested in the classical literature, like me. I
fortunately have the Buchwald books, but I still miss the Cohen
books (or a copy of these) in my library, and the usually well-
known suppliers in this special field don´t seem to have one
for sale, as far as I know. I was offered a CD Rom copy recent-
ly, but I am sort of old-fashioned in this respect and prefer
something where I can turn the pages... :-)

So, may be there will be another special issue in commemoration
of the 100th anniversary cited above next year, but apart from this
someone of you folks out there may possibly provide something
yet unknown to me in this respect which may be of help getting
a copy for my library...

Alex
Berlin, Germany