[meteorite-list] Slip Sliding Away

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:48 2004

C'mon - Was this written by a 3 year old???

>But ignorance is bliss, and while Opportunity's wheels had a hard time
>gaining traction on the sandy surface, the rover's brain (or computer)
had >a hard time grasping that it hadn't successfully made it to its
target. The >little rover didn't have to encourage itself to make it up
the crater slope >later by chanting, "I think I can, I think I can,"
because the little rover=20
>thought it actually did make it up the slope the first time.

You can't help but laugh - This has to be the ultimate 'dumbed down'
press release, I'm gonna frame it!!

Hey why not Dumb it down even further :

"The little rover has tincy little wheels (round things) that's why it
went slippy slippy kins down the teeny weeeny bank. The rovers brain
hurt so it had to have a little sunbathe until it recovered then it woke
up with a little yawn and trundled all the way up how clever it is!"=20

Come back Foxy Loxy all is forgiven! :)

MF
(Age 30)