[meteorite-list] Slip Sliding Away

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:48 2004

Hi Mark and all,

mark ford wrote:

> C'mon - Was this written by a 3 year old???
>
> You can't help but laugh - This has to be the ultimate 'dumbed down'
> press release, I'm gonna frame it!!

You should try working with members of the media sometime. I have and this is about as
technical as you dare get for a number of them. There are some brilliant reporters out
there but sad to say quite a number of them (the mainstream) don't have a clue to what
is going on when it comes to science. They are often assigned to jobs that have
nothing to do with there own areas of interest but yet have to write about techno
stuff. I saw it first hand at the Hubble Space Telescope launch.

--AL (former reporter who doesn't profess brilliance just understanding)