[meteorite-list] Los Angeles 001

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 02:33:29 2004

Greetings All,
        Please hear that this is addressed to a behavior, not
to the individuals currently engaged in said behavior.
        Personally, I am stunned whenever ANYONE jumps
on someone else's ad. I grudgingly observe this among callous,
competitive, immature & inconsiderate "dealers" doing this
to one another. However, even that seems usually to be done
by someone specifically at odds at the time with the original
advertiser.
        I know of no one at odds with Bob Verish, yet he has been
unable to have a simple sale without two otherwise kind and
considerate non-dealers jumping on the tail gate of his wagon,
offering alternative examples of the material he has advertised.
        I don't mean this to be directed at the people doing it - I
mean it to be directed to the behavior.
        Could everyone on the list have SOME consideration for
a person offering material? I know it is hard. Many is the time
I have wanted to jump right in and say, "Hay, everyone, I have
the same material at 60% (or less) of that cost!" or, "Hay, I have
one a bit bigger (or smaller), too," but I don't. It is a rude thing
to do to the original advertiser.
        Let's all have a little more consideration for the other guy.
At least wait until his/her sale is concluded before offering up
our own stuff.
        Best wishes, Michael