[meteorite-list] Possible Meteorite Crashes In Washington

From: edwinthompson_at_comcast.net <edwinthompson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 3 09:48:26 2004

Hello Ken and list, yes it looks like the real thing. Lots of eye witness
reports of a giant fireball event at 2:40 am this morning over Chehalis
Washington. Based on the multiple reports of sonic booms it is likely that
material made it to the ground. So often we get fireballs here that are headed
East to West and they end up in the Pacific ocean. This one headed West to East.
Right now people are just getting up to go to work so now is when folks will
find the "hole in the roof" like we saw so often in Park Forest, Il. Only real
problem here is that heading East of Chehalis means that any potential
meteorites ended up in the Cascade Mountians. I'll be heading up there today
after alerting all the other NW hunters. And I'll let you know any news that I
get.
Cheers, Edwin

--
reach me: edwinthompson_at_attbi.com