[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger letter, Dec. 22, 1952 Tin Hat Meteorite Answer

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 3 09:03:58 2004

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
December 22, 1952
Dr. H. H. Nininger
Box 1171
Winslow, Arizona
Dear Harvey,
I am sorry to have to make an adverse report on the little specimen supposed to be a meteorite, but it is artificial iron. Enclosed you will find four photographs, three at x50 and one at x1000. In the first three you will note the inclusion of slag, and the one at high power possesses a characteristic structure of pearlite and cementite.
We are leaving for Tucson Saturday and I hope to see you sometime during our stay there.
With all good wishes for the holidays and the new year, I remain,
Sincerely,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)
SHP:eg

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.