[meteorite-list] Book about french meteorites

From: Pierre-Marie PELE <pierre.pele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 05:34:23 2004

Hello again to the List.

As some of you know, I'm writing a big book about french meteorites. It's nearly done so it may be published before the end of the year. It will describe all known french meteorites, pseudo-meteorites, meteors observed in the sky from the 5th century to today, meteorites fallen in France but not yet recovered. It's a historical book with many ancient texts, exclusive pictures (Alby-sur-Cheran eucrite is wonderful...), strewnfield maps, bibliography, and much more !

My question is : as there won't be many customers (the subject is somewhat particular), will it be a disadvantage of not being translated into english (which would raise the selling price). Are foreign meteorite collectors, buyers, hunters willing to buy my book written in french ?

I thank you in advance for your opinion.

Regards,

Pierre-Marie PELE