[meteorite-list] Henderson to Nininger Letter; March 14, 1933

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 23 19:37:12 2004

March 14, 1933

Dear Nininger:

The paper you inquired about was privately published by Mr. Frederick A.
Canfield, in 1923, and its correct title is "Final Disposition of American
Collections of Minerals." There are no extra copies available and while
this Museum has the Canfield collection apparently none of these pamphlets
were turned over at the time. If you are interesting in seeing one I will
loan one of the Museum's copies to you.

The last information we had ont he Pueblo "meteorite" was it is a mistake.
At least the specimens examined here were pyrite concertions and later a
specimen of weathered limestone was received as the so called meteorite.
You may be able to find the real meteorite so here is luck to you. At least
none fo the people around Pueblo have been able to find it.

With best wishes, I am

Your truely,
(original would have been signed by Ed Henderson).

Mr. H. H. Nininger
1955 Fairfax Street
Denver, Colorado

(end)