[meteorite-list] Are Meteorites For Boys Only?

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 17:30:20 2004

Maybe a question of old role plays and old patterns of education? Boys
playing with dirty stones, frogs etc. and girls have the destiny to play
household and to handle with more "pretty" things and of course they are
more talkative so predestinated for linguistic concepts?
There are some promising results here in Germany ,( perhaps as a teacher you
know better Bernd?), that in school girls, if they are not disturbed by us
nasty boys, thus giving up the coeducation, they get much better results in
natural science, physics, maths (biology is already a domain of girls) in
school.
Also as an amateur astronomer I made this observation, that there is only a
minor fraction of female enthusiasts.

Another concern - I don't know, if my emails made it through the list, as I
don't get it displayed here, while the other traffic is visible.
Same I heard now from other members.
So please administrator: Help!
(and sorry if there were multiple test mails from me...).

Greetings from Munich, where I found a new exiting beer. Hope to drink with
some of you some pints, when the Mineralientage will take place in end of
October!
Skol
Martin