[meteorite-list] Are Meteorites For Boys Only?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 17:13:47 2004

Very interesting question and I would leave it to our "girls" to respond.
But there is one (statistical) observation from 32 years of teaching at
a German high school: The girls I have been teaching during the last
32 years were mostly good at languages whereas the boys preferred
scientific subjects. Whether the foundation stone for such orientations
is laid in early childhood, I don't know but I will ask both my 36-year-old
daughter and my 29-year-old son plus my son-in-law what they think
about it. Maybe we "automatically" bring up boys orienting them more
toward science while we "inadvertently" direct girls toward "more female"
things (whatever that is) ... I really don't know but would like to know !

Best wishes,

Bernd