[meteorite-list] August 2004 "Meteorite"

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 6 14:21:09 2004

> Dear Listees: Greetings from the Sonoran Desert.

> The latest and greatest issue of "Meteorite" magazine is hurtling
> toward you as I write this, and my copy arrived yesterday. The August
> 2004 issue features a stunning color cover photo of the Auckland,
> New Zealand meteorite that recently fell in editor / publisher Joel
> Schiff's home town. Comments on the fall, by Joel, are included
> in the issue.

> Contents include:

> "Lingua Franconia: Deciphering Arizona's Meteorite Graveyard,"
> by yours truly, featuring Arizona desert adventures with fearless
> meteorite-hunting List members Mike Miller, Ruben Garcia, Sonny
> Clary, and Jim Kriegh.

My copy arrived two days ago and it was great fun reading "Lingua
Franc(oni)a" written by no less a person than our esteemed Geoff
Notkin who is a not only an expert photographer with outstanding
artistic skills but also a very versatile writer as we all know. When
reading the article you feel like being there (with or without gators :-)

Cheers,

Bernd