[meteorite-list] Harvill to Perry Letter; May 1, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 25 20:18:50 2004

University of Arizona letterhead)
University of Arizona
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
TUCSON
May 1, 1952

Dr. Stuart H. Perry
The Adrian Telegram
Adrian, Michigan

Dear Dr. Perry:
I appreciate very much your letter of April 28 and the enclosure of a check for $2,000.00 to be used in the support of exploration and research work by Dr. H.H. Nininger on meteoritic materials in Mexico. I am submitting this check to the University Comptroller, and the proceeds will be disbursed in accord with the agreement that was reached in our previous correspondence.
Please let me assure you that the Board of Regents and the University administration are most appreciative of the interest that you have manifested in this work. We shall comply wholly with your wishes in making the payments to Dr. Nininger.
Dr. Nininger has already sent me a very substantial report on this work in Mexico, and it is being reviewed by some of the specialized personnel here at the University who have served the committee to advise me regarding this program.
I shall look forward to seeing you next fall when you return to Tucson. With most cordial regards,
Sincerely yours,
(signed)
Richard A. Harvill
President