[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry Letter; July 4, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 25 20:20:10 2004

(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)
AMERICAN METEORITE MUSUEM
OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66
POST OFFICE BOX 1171
WINSLOW ARIZONA

July 4, 1952
Mr. S. H. Perry
Adrian, Michigan

Dear Friend:
At last we have received our first check from the University of Arizona on the Perry Fund. I think they have established some kind of record in the handling of this matter. There has been no fault found with us nor anything regarding the work but it took so long to "officially" handle it.
Sorry to have been so long re-paying you for money advanced but we have been in a very tight squeeze on account of the long delay. The Arispe trip is not paid for even yet but they gave us $1,000 on account. The total spent was over $1,300 but we are now getting pretty good daily receipts from the museum so can easily make the grade.
I enclose a letter which I drafted a long time ago but had never mailed. It now seems to me that you should have a look at it. If interested, a lot of details can be written concerning the project.
Sincerely,
(signed)
H.H. Nininger
HHN: AN