[meteorite-list] Re:Great Meteorite Collections

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

--WebTV-Mail-15478-1097

Dear Fred, and List,
Is there anything that we as individuals or as a group can do ? Is this
due to some kind of budget cut? What Congressmen do we send our
objections and voice our dissaproval to? If it can happen there, it can
happen anywhere. Maybe instead of shrugging it off, we should let the
powers that be, know that WE do not approve of the minimizing of the
importance of
the study and collection of Meteorites, firstly in Denver, then anywhere
else it rears it's head.
It would seem that besides discouraging the meteorite trade/collecting
with new legal possible laws, even the already established meteorites
and public access to them may be threatened, if I am understanding you
right? Domino affect. Think about it ! or trickle-down if you prefer.
I don't want to start a ruckus on-list ,but I realize that some people
like to gripe and do nothing, and then there are those who will take the
time to address their disapproval to the proper State and Government
officials. If you could advise me Fred, on who to address... off-lne,
and to anyone else interested in helping, count me in.

Probably a misquote, my apologies, but the message is clear. "All that
remains for evil to prevail, is that good men do nothing". Dramatic,
yes........., relevant......yes. Best Regards, Marcie

--WebTV-Mail-15478-1097