[meteorite-list] India Burning

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

> It is telling that Mr. Baalke is reminded of the thoroughly discredited N-dog
> story* by today's dubious claim that a meteorite has fallen and burned a hut
> in India. The first reports indicate that no meteorites have been found in the
> hut.

I was just merely pointed out there were some similar wording with the
Nakhla observations, but the India case doesn't prove or disprove the
Nakhla dog story.

Just as a reminder, here's the text which we both were
in agreement with concerning Nakhla:

  A rain of 40 stones fell from the sky in 1911 near Nakhla in Egypt.
  The falls were preceded by an appearance of a cloud and detonations,
  frightening local residents. There is an eyewitness account that
  one of the fragments hit a dog. Efforts to substantiate the
  validity of the dog story almost a century later have been
  unsuccessful thus far, though the story hasn't been disproven
  either. The stones from this meteorite fall ranged in size from
  20g to 1813g, and it is estimated a total weight of 10kg (22 pounds)
  had fallen.

Ron Baalke