[meteorite-list] India Burning

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

-------------------------------1064874809

It is telling that Mr. Baalke is reminded of the thoroughly discredited N-dog
story* by today's dubious claim that a meteorite has fallen and burned a hut
in India. The first reports indicate that no meteorites have been found in the
hut.

Perhaps this will become another example of Mr. Baalke's oft-stated "logic"
(see many past messages in M-List archives), "just because no rocks were found,
doesn't mean they don't exist".

And in similar fashion, we are "thankful" that the hut burned, otherwise, the
meteorite would not have been brought to our attention.

So we have "no rocks" that "burned a hut" we all know "can't be burned by
rocks".

I have more to add in a few minutes......

Kevin Kichinka
Fort Myers, Florida

* see "Meteorite!", August, 1998, pp.16-17, or the same article posted with
permission on Dave Weir's excellent website: www.meteoritestudies.com under
"Nakhla".

-------------------------------1064874809

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>It is telling that Mr. Baalke&nbsp;is reminded of the&nbsp;thoroughly d=
iscredited N-dog story* by today's dubious claim that a meteorite has fallen=
 and burned&nbsp;a hut in India. The first reports indicate that no meteorit=
es have been&nbsp;found in the hut.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Perhaps this will become another example of&nbsp;Mr. Baalke's oft-state=
d "logic" (see many past messages in M-List archives),&nbsp;"just because no=
 rocks were found, doesn't mean they don't exist". </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And in similar fashion, we are "thankful" that the hut burned, otherwis=
e, the meteorite would not have been brought to our attention.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So we have "no rocks" that "burned a hut" we all know "can't be burned=20=
by rocks".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have more to add in a few minutes......</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kevin Kichinka</DIV>
<DIV>Fort Myers, Florida</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>* see "Meteorite!", August, 1998, pp.16-17, or the same article posted=20=
with permission on Dave Weir's excellent website: <A href=3D"http://www.mete=
oritestudies.com">www.meteoritestudies.com</A>&nbsp;under "Nakhla".</DIV></B=