FW: [meteorite-list] dronino (in)stability: a solution ?

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:57 2004

--WebTV-Mail-25309-1462

Dear Mark,
No questioning of ethics Mark, just concern about the fact that there is
a product out here in the States that is used for rust treatment on
automobiles, ect., very similiar to the one you described ,that does
turn the rust to a polymer finish, and like I mentioned to you in my
letter, it chemically changes the molecular arrangement of a compound ,
having same percentage composition as original, but greater molecular
weight and different properties.
Thank-you for replying , and yes, letting an iron rust away to nothing "
No hopers", I think you called them, for them , after its been
classified, it is a desirable treatment considering the option.
I guess I was more concerned with a piece that hasn't been classified
yet, that someone like me ( greener than green) might find in an
extremely rusty state, but like you expained, it is to be used at the
owners risk, and if a person is not sure of what type of iron it is,
better not to try and treat it till it is classified. That was my
concern. Thanks for the input Mark. Best Regards, Marcie

--WebTV-Mail-25309-1462