[meteorite-list] dronino (in)stability: a solution ?

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:56 2004

--- Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_uha.fr> wrote:

> By the way, does the NaOH process attack
> Widmannstätten patterns ?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Zelimir

No, it does not attack the Widmanstatten pattern. But
it is nevertheless helpful to lightly re-polish the
surface and etch with nitrol. (Be sure to use
distilled water in rinsing afterwards, then a soak for
a few hours in alcohol afterwards. Dry for a few
days, then re-coat)

Steve Schoner/ams
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey