[meteorite-list] Data in auctions

From: Martin <Martin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:37 2004

Hi Jamie, Michael...

unfortunately the title line for ebay auctions is limited: max. 45
characters,
thus such a standard is not possible.

"meteorite" is essential, for the item displayed in the search results.
If you ad "IIIAB"&"partslice"&"145.36g" and then the meteorite would be
named:
"Tomhannock Creek" or "Sacramento Mountains" or "Sulphur Springs Draw"...

Furthermore each seller has to emphasize the particularities of the
specimen, if he wants to get a good price:
Flow lines, 100% fusion crust, low tkw, only LL3.7 on Earth, Neumann lines,
rhabdites, orintation or simply if it's rare or a fall ect.

It's illusoric.

A standardized block in the description text would be sensefull.

I spend my two cents tomorrow at the Munich Show!
Martin A.