[meteorite-list] Data in auctions

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:37 2004

Hi Jamie and Everyone,

The problem many times is that ebay item titles only allow a certain number
of characters, then you run out of room.

While a laudable effort, most meteorite dealers are highly individualistic
and like to do things their own way, and I doubt any standardization would
come about. I can do a search on the word "meteorite" and, aside from the
women's cosmetic items (meteorite makeup - bizarre) and Rolex watches
(equally bizarre) I can tell whose auction the item belongs to about 90% of
the time and either take a look or pass it by.

Best wishes,

-Walter

www.branchmeteorites.com
Walter Branch, Ph.D.