[meteorite-list] Re: Glorieta Mountain??

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:29 2004

Hello

yes but here is visible a olivine fragment, in the
piece on ebay is not visible and is many similar to
Taza - I have see in Bologna Show pieces is the same
of the piece on Ebay, and the same pieces I have here,
the zone where is not brown color is many similar to
this piece. Is strange the surface of the piece on
ebay, my glorieta mountain buy from Schoner is total
different to this:

http://it.geocities.com/meteoriti20002/GlorietaMountaingr.37.8.JPG

look the surface of the taza, here not many visible:

http://it.geocities.com/meteoriti20002/Taza2.JPG

is many similar to the ebay piece.
Regards

Matteo

--- Starbits_at_aol.com wrote:
> <Ah... but these do look like Taza. I have found
> many
> over the years, and if you set one side by side with
> Taza
> you would not be able to tell the difference. They
>
> look exactly alike. >
>
> Except in this case they are not taza they are
> glorieta. Last week I was offered those 2 pieces on
> eBay along with a 68 gram piece which I purchased
> and it is definately not Taza. See the photos at
> this URL.
>
> <http://star-bits.com/glorieta.htm>
>
> Most of the taza I have see have a caliche dirt
> surface on them which I haven't seen on glorieta,
> but then I haven't seen as many glorieta pieces as
> Steve.
>
> Normally I don't respond to things like this, but
> in this case I know the material is described
> correctly and letting it go could affect the sellers
> ability to make a sale.
>
> Eric Olson
> http://www.star-bits.com

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com