[meteorite-list] What Would Nininger Do?

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:27 2004

-------------------------------1066088902

Open Letter to Mike Farmer:

I've just got around to reading your letters of the weekend to the list and
myself. You have insulted and threatened me on this list.

I am puzzled by some of your statements. I want to answer some of your
questions. I demand an explanation or an apology with my name attached to it to this
list.

Let's begin.

You ask - "Show me where India requires release of meteorites".....

A paper from the 64th Annual Meteoritical Society Meeting (2001) by
D.G.Schmitt, McEwan, et. al entitled "Law of Ownership and Control of Meteorites"
reviews the laws in several countries. Among the national laws cited are:
India - "Meteorites are deemed owned by the Geological Survey of India,
without compensation."

There. I showed ya.

Your "excuses" for making the paperwork unnecessary:
- "the people here are dieing (sic)"
- "I am offering several years salery(sic) for a piece"
- "I do not claim to be the most law abiding person on the planet"
are execrable.

Same as the U.S.A. If you don't like their laws, work to change them.

And as I noted a few days ago, Hupe told you permits were needed before you
left the USA. You state a falsehood if you claim not to know the laws. It is
your duty to learn the laws of the country you visit to harvest meteorites.
Publicly removing meteorites from India reflects poorly on us all.

Aside - I want to assure readers from other country's that Mike's
ethnocentric attitude towards every other country he visits is not shared by all
Americans. His military background seems to have distorted his views of all other
people.

And for the record, Mike, I served three years in the US Peace
Corps/Philippines in the very conditions that presently amaze you and make you "soil your
pants". I didn't have electricity, refrigeration or running water for the first
two years. Or soiled pants.

In your message (did Matteo write this for you?), claiming that "driving
faster than the posted limit is no different from taking a stone from that (sic) I
have paid for out of the country without filling out a thousand request
papers and needing years to do it."

Let me help you here. Shooing a fly from a sandwich is not the same as
dropping a nuclear bomb on Pakistan. Driving faster than the posted limit in Tucson
is not comparable to traveling with the intent to break a Federal Law in India.

Why won't you "fill out a thousand request papers?" Is this new to you?

A "Professional" would fill out the papers. He would then hold a legal
specimen that he could sell or trade.

Of course, I didn't even get a receipt with the $50 slice I bought from you
last month. Maybe YOU were busy smoking crack and forgot. Just like the
invisible Nakhla dog, can you prove that you weren't!

You further show your disdain for legalities, ethics and everyone that agrees
with me by writing, "If that is a problem with someone like (sic) Kevin's
lofty sense of morality (Laughing my ass off), so be it. Don't buy from me."

I won't. A lofty sense of morality does that to you. And a few other
list-members already have added their names to the "morality" boycott.

And that's a powerful "tool" you're using in building a business and just the
attitude we need in the hobby. "I'm a crass ass and if you don't like it, oh
well."

You also wrote to the list, "I hope (he) is not being put up to it by some
envious competitors. That is the lowest of the low."

Your hopes and dreams have come true, because no, Mike. I am confronting you
all by myself.

The dim lights on this list, we'll know who they are in a minute, admire you
for the audacity that's clearly thievery and lies.

Almost everyone else is afraid of becoming a target for your cursing threats
and intimidation's.

Here's what you need to respond to:

"I have heard about your carnal actions in South America with young women
there...so please remember, do not commit crimes while condemning me."

My memory's not infallible, but I think I would remember, and intensely
enjoyed, "carnal actions with young women in South America." Unfortunately, I do
not. Nor if I did, would such sex be a crime. Nor could I find my way through
13 layers of petticoats.

But this claim of yours is meant to be malicious, to "quiet me" and cause me
embarrassment on the deepest level.

You couldn't do better than that? You have no imagination.

So "You've heard" something from a person you don't identify and you
maliciously attack me to cause me embarrassment, loss of business and professional
friendships? You actually set the ball on a tee for a homerun libel suite.

I request either:
- an explanation of what "you've heard,"
- photos or police reports for "this carnal crime" would be helpful,
- or an apology to me directly to this list.

Is that clear? Prove or apologize.

How far we've come since the day in Tucson you asked to have your photo taken
with me.

Ah, Tucson. I also remember sitting around "shooting the sh-t" with you,
Mike, as some other dealers (who's names I'll protect for the moment) and you
decided how much they would contribute to pay for your next trip to Morocco. I
remember listening into how the meteorite booty would be eventually divided up.

This is true, isn't it, that you have traveled on other people's money? Many
of the newcomers, and some "veterans" on this list find it "heroic" that you
fly around on your own dime.

We buy, you fly. Maybe we can take up a collection for a one-way ticket to
NWA Timbuktu and send you on your way. Permanently.

The same Washington Post article mentioned that you, sadly, dropped out of
college.

Maybe you should have stayed. At the least, your grammar would've improved.
Why not sign up for night classes now? Heck, you can afford them! You're a
millionaire!

Slander and counter-punch. Or be perceived as weak and guilty. That's how the
list is allowed to function for you. List Rules #2,3 and 7 broken daily.
Don't forget those ending ebay auctions, "C'mon people, you're not paying
attention to these low prices!"

Aside to m-list - The point is that this list has become a forum for
clueless-followers and self-proclaimed wannebes with Farmer as the Chief.

I've hung around here since almost Day One when it was a true forum of
science and friendship. It's changed such that there are people now with nothing
better to do than lie in the bushes eager to attack.

I'm stayed here because of people like the beloved Bernd, "Cigar" Al
Mitterling, Walter "Micro" Branch, Rob "Cloudy" Matson, Steve "What's my name?"
Schoner and old soft touch Stu. People like harmless and happy Dave Freeman, Little
Big Collector and quite a few others, I don't mean to forget all of the good
people. Even One-Dog-Alarm Baalke.

Oh, and Blood. The man you can't write to because his mailbox is always full.

But the rotten apples are rotten to the core and spoiling the barrel. They
are killing interest in the hobby and dissuading new people from joining.

And this list is the #1 offender. Art Jones has lost control. He is
contributing to the down swing of the hobby.

I'm leaving the list for a while, joining Robert Haag ("You still read that
crapola?" he asked me last week) Jim Kinetka (a million dollar collector),
Darryl Pitt (Macovich Collection of Aesthetic Irons), Joel Schiff of "Meteorite"
and others.

Michael Farmer. The one who aspires to be the next "Meteorite Man".

You want people to compare you to Nininger and Haag?

"You are a piece of human filth" never crossed their lips.

You've become meteoritics Antichrist.

And the blood from the thorns is blinding you.

As for the little India specimen, so precious to you that you are willing to
sell your soul for it....... leave it there or steal it. That's your choice.

Don't forget the full explanation of my "carnal crime" or failing that,
gentlemanly apology I am politely requesting.

Kevin Kichinka

-------------------------------1066088902

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Open Letter to Mike Farmer:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've just got around to reading your letters of the weekend to the list=
 and myself.&nbsp;You have insulted&nbsp;and threatened me on this list. </D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am puzzled by some of your statements. I want to answer some of your=20=
questions.&nbsp;I demand an explanation or an apology with my name attached=20=
to it to this list.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Let's begin.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You&nbsp;ask - "Show me where India requires release of meteorites"....=
.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A&nbsp;paper from the 64th Annual Meteoritical Society Meeting (2001) b=
y D.G.Schmitt, McEwan, et. al entitled "Law of Ownership and Control of Mete=
orites" reviews the laws in several countries. Among the national laws cited=
 are:</DIV>
<DIV>India - "Meteorites are deemed owned by the Geological Survey of India,=
 without compensation."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There. I showed ya.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Your "excuses" for making the paperwork unnecessary:</DIV>
<DIV>- "the people here are dieing (sic)"</DIV>
<DIV>- "I am offering several years salery(sic) for a piece"</DIV>
<DIV>- "I do not claim to be the most law abiding person on the planet"</DIV=

<DIV>are&nbsp;execrable. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Same as the U.S.A. If you don't like their laws, work to change them. <=
/DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And&nbsp;as I noted a few days ago, Hupe told you permits were needed b=
efore you left the USA.&nbsp;You&nbsp;state a falsehood&nbsp;if you claim no=
t to know the laws. It is your duty to&nbsp;learn the laws of the country yo=
u visit to harvest meteorites. Publicly removing meteorites from India refle=
cts poorly on us all.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Aside - <EM>I want to assure readers from other country's that Mike's e=
thnocentric attitude towards every other country he visits is not shared by=20=
all Americans. His military background seems to have distorted his views of=20=
all other</EM> <EM>people</EM>.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And for the record, Mike, I served three years in the US Peace Corps/Ph=
ilippines in the very conditions that presently amaze&nbsp;you and make&nbsp=
;you "soil&nbsp;your pants". I didn't have electricity, refrigeration or run=
ning water for the first two years. Or soiled pants.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In your message (did Matteo write this for you?), claiming that "drivin=
g faster than the posted limit is no different from taking a stone from that=
 (sic) I have paid for out of the country without filling out a thousand req=
uest papers and needing years to do it."&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Let me help you here. Shooing a fly from a sandwich is not the same as=20=
dropping a nuclear bomb on Pakistan. Driving faster than the posted limit in=
 Tucson is not comparable to traveling with the intent to break a Federal La=
w in India.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Why won't you&nbsp;"fill out a thousand request papers?" Is this new to=
 you?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A&nbsp;"Professional" would fill out the papers. He would&nbsp;then hol=
d a legal specimen that he could sell or trade. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Of course, I didn't even get a receipt with the $50 slice I bought from=
 you last month. Maybe YOU were busy smoking crack&nbsp;and forgot. Just lik=
e&nbsp;the invisible Nakhla dog,&nbsp;can you prove that you weren't!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You further show your disdain for legalities, ethics and everyone that=20=
agrees with me&nbsp;by writing, "If that is a problem with someone like (sic=
) Kevin's lofty sense of morality (Laughing my ass off), so be it. Don't buy=
 from me."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I&nbsp;won't. A lofty sense of morality does that to you. &nbsp;And a f=
ew other list-members already&nbsp;have added their names to the "morality"=20=
boycott. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And that's a powerful "tool" you're using in building a business and ju=
st the attitude we need in the hobby. "I'm a crass ass and if you don't like=
 it, oh well."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You also wrote to the list, "I hope (he) is not being put up to it by s=
ome envious competitors. That is the lowest of the low."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Your hopes and dreams have come true, because no, Mike. I am confrontin=
g you all by myself.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The dim lights on this list, we'll know who they are in a minute, admir=
e you for&nbsp;the audacity&nbsp;that's clearly&nbsp;thievery and lies. </DI=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Almost everyone else is afraid of becoming a target for your cursing th=
reats and intimidation's.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here's what you need to respond to:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"I have heard about your carnal actions in South America with young wom=
en there...so please remember, do not commit crimes while condemning me."</D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My memory's not infallible, but I think I would remember,&nbsp;and inte=
nsely&nbsp;enjoyed, "carnal actions with young women in South America."&nbsp=
;&nbsp;Unfortunately, I do not. Nor if I did, would such sex be a crime. Nor=
 could I find my way through 13 layers of petticoats.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But this claim of yours is meant to be malicious, to "quiet me"&nbsp;an=
d&nbsp;cause me embarrassment on the deepest level.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You couldn't do better than that? You have no imagination.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So "You've heard" something from a person you don't identify and you ma=
liciously attack me to cause me embarrassment, loss of business and professi=
onal friendships?&nbsp; You actually set the ball on a tee for a homerun lib=
el suite. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I request either:</DIV>
<DIV>-&nbsp;an explanation of what "you've heard," </DIV>
<DIV>- photos or police reports for "this carnal crime" would be helpful, </=

<DIV>- or an apology to me directly to this list. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is that clear? Prove or apologize.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How far we've come since the day in Tucson you asked to have your photo=
 taken with me.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ah, Tucson. I also remember sitting around "shooting the sh-t"&nbsp;wit=
h you, Mike, as some other dealers (who's names I'll protect for the moment)=
 and you decided how much they would contribute to pay for your next trip to=
 Morocco. I remember listening into how the meteorite booty would be eventua=
lly divided up.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is&nbsp;true, isn't it, that you have traveled on other people's m=
oney? Many of the newcomers, and some "veterans"&nbsp;on this list find it "=
heroic" that you fly around on your own dime. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We buy, you fly. Maybe we can take up a collection for a one-way ticket=
 to NWA Timbuktu and send you on your way. Permanently.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The same Washington Post article mentioned that you, sadly,&nbsp;droppe=
d out of college.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Maybe you should have stayed. At the least, your grammar would've impro=
ved. Why not sign up for night classes now? Heck, you can afford them! You'r=
e a millionaire!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Slander and counter-punch. Or be perceived as weak and guilty. That's&n=
bsp;how the list is allowed to function for&nbsp;you. List Rules #2,3 and 7=20=
broken daily. Don't forget those ending ebay auctions, "C'mon people, you're=
 not paying attention to these low prices!"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>Aside to m-list - The point&nbsp;is that this list has become a for=
um for&nbsp;clueless-followers&nbsp;and self-proclaimed&nbsp;wannebes&nbsp;w=
ith Farmer as the Chief. </EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>I've hung around here since almost Day One when it was a true forum=
 of science and friendship.&nbsp;It's changed such that&nbsp;there are peopl=
e now with nothing better to do than lie in the bushes eager to attack. </EM=
></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>I'm stayed here because of people like the beloved Bernd, "Cigar" A=
l Mitterling, Walter "Micro" Branch, Rob "Cloudy" Matson, Steve "What's my n=
ame?" Schoner and old soft touch Stu. People like harmless and happy Dave Fr=
eeman, Little Big&nbsp;Collector&nbsp;and quite a few others, I don't mean t=
o forget all of the good people. Even One-Dog-Alarm Baalke.&nbsp;</EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>Oh, and Blood. The man you can't write to because his mailbox is al=
ways full.&nbsp;&nbsp;</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>But the rotten apples are rotten to the core and spoiling the barre=
l. They are killing interest in the hobby and&nbsp;dissuading new people fro=
m joining.</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>And this list is the #1 offender. Art Jones has lost control. He is=
 contributing to the down swing of the hobby.</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>I'm leaving the list for a while, joining Robert Haag ("You still r=
ead that crapola?" he asked me last week) Jim Kinetka (a million dollar coll=
ector), Darryl Pitt (Macovich Collection of Aesthetic Irons), Joel Schiff of=
 "Meteorite" and others. </EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Michael Farmer. The one who aspires to be&nbsp;the next&nbsp;"Meteorite=
 Man".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You want people to compare you to Nininger and Haag?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"You are a piece of human filth" never crossed their lips.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You've become meteoritics Antichrist.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And the blood from the thorns is blinding you.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As for the little India specimen, so precious to you that you are willi=
ng to sell your soul for it....... leave it there or&nbsp;steal it. That's y=
our choice.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don't forget the full explanation of my "carnal crime" or failing that,=
 gentlemanly apology I am politely requesting.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kevin Kichinka</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>