[meteorite-list] eBay policemen?

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:25 2004

and if you find a 0.01 gr. of Nogata is extra
Huge....but for me is many many huge a 3.92 gr. slice
of Barbotan, my birthday meteorite...all collectors
have a personal scale for meteorites.
Regards

Matteo

--- Dave Harris <entropydave_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Personally and practically, a 2kg meteorite of any
> type usually I regard as
> huge' mainly because it would have cost me a lot of
> money - I have been
> collecting for a few years and I don't have anything
> approaching 2kg in size
> so for me 'huge' is an appropriate adjective!
> Also, I would, if I were that buyer, look around so
> see what else was on
> offer in order go guesstimate the correct sort of
> price, and decide that if
> it is good value and looks good then ok, it may not
> be a 3/4 ton Otumba as
> in the NHM (London) but for domestic collections it
> is pretty substantial.
> It is all relative!
> But I agree with Tom's last statement that the
> perhaps the seller ought to
> check out what 'huge' is relative to the rock he is
> selling. I personally
> would regard 0.25g of Calcalong Creek as 'huge'!
>

> Research, that is the key, both for buyers and
> sellers!
>
> thanks for your indulgence
>

> dave
>

> IMCA#0092

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com