[meteorite-list] Large Meteorite Found In Sweden

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:20 2004

Hello, Bjorn and the list,

well, I usually use the cataloque as a base. Just tried to get
some sense to the quantities of the swedish meteorites
published in the swedsih and international press. Suppose,
the data was given by the swedish NHM.

I gladly aggree with Mrs Grady and the cataloque, except
what comes to Marjalahti. It´s not a russian one.It felt to
the Grand Duchy of Finland, to the area, which 1917 became
a part of independent Finland. Also the finder and the
witness of the fall was pure finn, Mr Koppinen. After 2 wars
the USSR had the area, but not the meteorite, so it´s a finnish
one...;-

http://www.netppl.fi/~jarmom/geo/met/mmarja_e.htm

take care.

pekka s