[meteorite-list] Re: Fwd: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2175659927

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:42 2004

--part1_151.1f8cdd7c.2bfd3a4c_boundary

=20

Steve Schoner:

>=20
> It alarming to me, as it uses a letter from an
> standing IMCA member to "authenticate" items that are
> clearly, from the photos shown, NOT Canyon Diablo
> meteorites. The seller even posts the authentication
> letter in the auction picture pages.
>=20

Hi, Steve -

I think any number of IMCA members and listees are on this guy's case, mysel=
f=20
included. Just for the record, his latest note back to me is below.

       Gregory

Hi Gregory, I can't believe the amount of people that insist that this is no=
t=20
a meteorite, are that I would use Russ Kempton as a way of selling these=20
specimens.=A0 I sent remnants of these specimens and he evaluated them and r=
eturned=20
the letter that I have posted on ebay.=A0 I assure you as a retired metals=20
inspector for the DOD who worked on Nuclear Submarines for over 20+ years, m=
y claim=20
is as states.=A0 And I assure you I fear not any problems, as I know the cla=
ims=20
that I make are true.=A0 I gotta tell you I didn't know if this was real are=
=20
not that is why I had pieces of it checked out by his organization.=A0 I sol=
d a=20
13lb piece a couple of months ago with a very satisfied customer.=A0 I wish=20=
I=20
could send a piece to everyone just to satisfy them!=A0 I have a money back=20=
policy,=20
and a 100% positive feedback and intend to keep it that way.=A0 I guess I wi=
ll=20
end up having to end the auction before it is all over and call Russ to see=20
what else he can do for me to try to end all of this, as clearly folks seem=20=
to=20
think I am trying to mislead them.=A0 I assure you Gregory the pieces I sent=
 him=20
are from the pieces I have up for auction and the results are as supplied fr=
om=20
his organization.=A0 Seems I have a lot of suspect experts out there that=20
haven't actually seen the items except for what is in the picture, but yet a=
re=20
willing to say I am trying to mislead someone.=A0 I hope that Russ will call=
, and=20
maybe he can straighten this out. Thanks=20
Dan Ray=20

--part1_151.1f8cdd7c.2bfd3a4c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
<BR>
Steve Schoner:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
It alarming to me, as it uses a letter from an<BR>
standing IMCA member to "authenticate" items that are<BR>
clearly, from the photos shown, NOT Canyon Diablo<BR>
meteorites.&nbsp; The seller even posts the authentication<BR>
letter in the auction picture pages.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Hi, Steve&nbsp; -<BR>
<BR>
I think any number of IMCA members and listees are on this guy's case, mysel=
f included.&nbsp; Just for the record, his latest note back to me is below.<=

<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
_____________________________________________<BR>
<BR>
Hi Gregory, I can't believe the amount of people that insist that this is no=
t a meteorite, are that I would use Russ Kempton as a way of selling these s=
pecimens.=A0 I sent remnants of these specimens and he evaluated them and re=
turned the letter that I have posted on ebay.=A0 I assure you as a retired m=
etals inspector for the DOD who worked on Nuclear Submarines for over 20+ ye=
ars, my claim is as states.=A0 And I assure you I fear not any problems, as=20=
I know the claims that I make are true.=A0 I gotta tell you I didn't know if=
 this was real are not that is why I had pieces of it checked out by his org=
anization.=A0 I sold a 13lb piece a couple of months ago with a very satisfi=
ed customer.=A0 I wish I could send a piece to everyone just to satisfy them=
!=A0 I have a money back policy, and a 100% positive feedback and intend to=20=
keep it that way.=A0 I guess I will end up having to end the auction before=20=
it is all over and call Russ to see what else he can do for me to try to end=
 all of this, as clearly folks seem to think I am trying to mislead them.=
=A0 I assure you Gregory the pieces I sent him are from the pieces I have up=
 for auction and the results are as supplied from his organization.=A0 Seems=
 I have a lot of suspect experts out there that haven't actually seen the it=
ems except for what is in the picture, but yet are willing to say I am tryin=
g to mislead someone.=A0 I hope that Russ will call, and maybe he can straig=
hten this out. Thanks <BR>
Dan Ray <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_151.1f8cdd7c.2bfd3a4c_boundary--