[meteorite-list] Expensive?

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:43 2004

--part1_1ea.bf1cda4.2c2d3f00_boundary

Sterling asked:

    The interesting question is: how much longer will a general decline
in meteorite prices continue? Is it a lull? A temporary dip? A
re-adjustment? A momentary oversupply? A slide? Was there a "bubble"? Is
this "normal"?

***********

Hello List,

I was told that Glen Huss sold out when he did, back in the 1980s, because
he, as the foremost expert in the field of marketing meteorites at the time, was
confident that the market had reached it's peak and couldn't go any higher.

I agree with Adam, add 10% growth (not to mention 100% or 1000% growth) to
the number of active collectors and watch the demand outpace the supply very
quickly. The reason prices have been falling in the last 3 or 4 years is that
the supply increased 1000% a year compared to probably a flatline in the demand
side. I actually am surprised that prices haven't dropped lower.

Will the values rise in the future? Who knows, probably. Will they go lower
before going higher? Who knows, maybe. But maybe not. Ask me in 5 years
and I will be in a better position to tell you.

Steve Arnold

--part1_1ea.bf1cda4.2c2d3f00_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Sterling asked:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The interesting question is: how much longer will a gener=
al decline<BR>
in meteorite prices continue? Is it a lull? A temporary dip? A<BR>
re-adjustment? A momentary oversupply? A slide? Was there a "bubble"? Is<BR>
this "normal"?<BR>
<BR>
***********<BR>
<BR>
Hello List,<BR>
<BR>
I was told that Glen Huss sold out when he did, back in the 1980s, because h=
e, as the foremost expert in the field of marketing meteorites at the time,=20=
was confident that the market had reached it's peak and couldn't go any high=
er.<BR>
<BR>
I agree with Adam, add 10% growth (not to mention 100% or 1000% growth) to t=
he number of active collectors and watch the demand outpace the supply very=20=
quickly.&nbsp; The reason prices have been falling in the last 3 or 4 years=20=
is that the supply increased 1000% a year compared to probably a flatline in=
 the demand side.&nbsp; I actually am surprised that prices haven't dropped=20=
lower.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Will the values rise in the future?&nbsp; Who knows, probably.&nbsp; Will th=
ey go lower before going higher?&nbsp; Who knows, maybe.&nbsp; But maybe not=
.&nbsp; Ask me in 5 years and I will be in a better position to tell you.<BR=

<BR>
Steve Arnold</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ea.bf1cda4.2c2d3f00_boundary--